The Rock Church Newport News is a charismatic, non-denominational church that began in 1977 as a new plant of the Rock Church International in Virginia Beach, Virginia, founded by Bishop John Gimenez and Pastor Anne Gimenez.
The Rock Church Newport News is a member of the "Rock Church International - a Fellowship of Ministries" (RCI), a growing body of churches throughout the United States and abroad.
**Worship Leader needed! updated 7/21/2016**
Pastors Bill and Colleen and their sons Benjamin and Jonathan at Hatteras Island, North Carolina - 2011
Pastor Bill Haynes was born and raised in the Denbigh area of Newport News. He is a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University and International College of Bible Theology. Pastor Colleen Haynes is a native of Newfoundland, Canada. She is a graduate of Memorial University in Newfoundland, Zion Bible Institute and Christ for the Nations. They are blessed with two awesome young men now attending college.
Pastors Bill and Colleen enjoy working as a team and offer marriage counseling to couples.
"To proclaim favor, freedom, healing and vision through the good news of
Jesus Christ so that everyone can fulfill their God-given destiny"
- That the Bible is God's Word and the ultimate authority by which we live.
- That salvation is only obtained through excepting Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. It is through believing in His substitutionary work on the cross and His resurrection from the dead that we are forgiven of our sins and raised to new life by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- That it is through a total faith committment to Jesus Christ that we are transformed through the power of the Holy Spirit so that we can live close to Him and grow to be more like Him. In this way we can enjoy lives that are meaningful, satisfying and productive.
- That worship is our primary response to God's love. In our services worship is a time of celebration and life that is spritually motivated.
- That every believer is an integral part of the body of Christ. Through teaching and training each believer can be equipped to supply to the rest of the body.
- That every Christian has a commission to "go and preach the Gospel". We believe that everyone, regardless of race or social background is a candidate for salvation.
- That the church should be a place of relationship; the church should be a loving and caring community of people dedicated to strengthening one another.
- That the church is a place of vision and that each believer's personal dream can best be fulfilled by first helping to fulfill the corporate vision of the house of God.
- That the church is bigger than our four walls. We are a small part of the worldwide church of Jesus Christ and, as such, we seek to fellowship and build relationships with others in the body of Christ.
- That every Christian is gifted by God through the Holy Spirit with personality, talents and physical resources which are to be used to further God's kingdom in guiding, helping and encouraging others.
- That leadership development is essential for growth and multiplication of the church.
- That the church should be a reflection of the community in which it lives: A multi-cultural, multi-racial church that is a testimony to our community.